I always have lists of things I want to read, watch, listen to, cook, eat, explore, etcetera, etcetera. Every since my class last year on children’s and young adult’s literature, my reading lists have gotten out of control. I find it hard to really dive into books meant for grades 5-7 (there isn’t a lot of character development and the stories are simpler, as they should be) but I’ve become addicted to YA literature. So far, I’m desperate to read these:
1. The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
2. Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
3. Althea and Oliver by Cristina Moracho
4. The Line by Teri Hall
5. Liv, Forever by Amy Talkington
6. We Are All Made of Molecules by Susin Nielsen
And many many many many more….